Click here to renew now!
The National Board for Respiratory Care, Inc. (NBRC) has been credentialing respiratory therapists, supporting the respiratory care educational system and enhancing the value of the jobs of qualiﬁed respiratory care professionals since 1960. Your national credentials tell a lot about you and your competence to perform your job; they are based on national job analysis research and validated the most extensively of any allied health testing program. One way you, as a nationally credentialed respiratory care professional, can provide evidence of your qualiﬁcations is by annually renewing the active status of your credentials with the NBRC.
Being an active member in the national groups of practitioners credentialed by the NBRC means you care about protecting your professional future. Your annual renewal fee helps the NBRC work for uniform licensure and develop examinations that uphold the standards of the respiratory care profession. Active status also has many other beneﬁts:
- Recognition in the annual NBRC Directory and access to professionals across the country.
- An online subscription to NBRC Horizons, an informative bimonthly newsletter communicating credentialing developments.
- Reduced fees for services and recredentialing examinations.
- For credentials that are subject to the Continuing Competency Program (CCP), keeping active status for all 5 years of the credential term allows participation in the CCP via the CEU route at no additional cost to you.
- Representation with major organizations and state agencies that impact the respiratory care profession.
- A voice in the future of your profession.
- Appreciation gift in recognition of your active status renewal.
Active status means that credentialed practitioners have paid the $25 annual renewal fee and provided proof of employment under medical direction acceptable to the NBRC. Individuals who are not currently working in respiratory care under medical supervision have the option to support the NBRC by paying the $25 renewal fee even though they do not qualify for active status. Renew early to enjoy the beneﬁts all year long!